Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My son, my inspiration!!


I have learned so much from my beautiful baby boy in the last 18 months. Even though I should be calling him a toddler, not a baby. But he'll always be my baby. I admire the strength he has when we're pushing him in therapy and he's so tired and sore, but he keeps on working for us. I cherish his cute little smiles and giggles and especially the way he sticks out his little tongue when he's really happy!! It melts my heart the way he looks for recognition when he watches something funny on tv, "Mommy, did you see that, did you??" God has blessed me with such a wonderful gift, way beyond what I have earned and deserve and I'm so greatful for the opportunity to be the mommy to this amazing, loving and beautiful little boy named Aidan.



I came across this poem awhile ago and each time I read it I can't help but smile and realize how wonderful it is to have such a special little boy to call my own!!



"Sometimes I see you stuck for such a long time, a daily nothing new, pretend I don't mind, with lists of things you'll never do until somehow you do and you do, you shine.
The days and months and years, they run together. Is it just one day? Or is this forever? You've taught me in your lifetime more than I'd learn in mine, and you do, you do, you shine.
Shine your light on me, everyone will see, I'm so glad you are mine and you'll shine in your own time.
Well, maybe I'm too close to see you clearly, or is it now my role to simply believe? You're just one of those mysteries that may never be solved in time, but you do, you do, you shine.
And Sammy will do what Sammy will do when Sammy is ready to do it.
And Trevor will do what Trevor will do when Trevor is ready to do it.
And Lucy will do what Lucy will do when Lucy is ready to do it. And they'll do it in their own time.
Yeah, they'll shine, shine your light on me, and everyone will see. I'm so glad you are mine, and you'll shine, and you shine."

Music from Signing Time. Lyrics by Rachel de Azevedo Coleman.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true for our lil blessing. what a tropper he is I hope you get some answers soon Keeping you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete