Friday, March 27, 2009

TGIF!!!!

I have never been so excited to see a Friday before!! Aidan had four therapy sessions this week. Kip was sick (he was better, but turned this weird shade of green tonight again) and I put many more miles on the car.

Thursday Aidan and I drove to Nicholasville to pick up the electrical wire so Kip could finish the hot tub. I have never been to Nicholasville - heck, I never really get out of Louisville, so I had no idea where it was. I was told it was about the same distance to Lexington (45 minutes). Yeah, no. It was more like and HOUR and 45 minutes!!

The great part about yesterday was I finally got to go out for a "girls" night!! Yay!! Kip kissed me goodbye and told me "not to call" and I was off for dinner, wine tasting, comedy, a little drama and then staying out WAY too late!! Luckily, Aidan was in a sleeping mood today :)



I met a new friend at Starbucks today. She has a special little man with a rare syndrome like Aidan. It's always so nice to meet special mommies, they really understand what day to day life is like in a special needs home.

Tonight we were supposed to have dinner with friends, but they all have the flu bug that just won't go away!! I swear, everyone I have spoken to in the last 2 weeks has been sick at one point in the last month!! We really hope they feel better soon, Aidan really likes hanging out with their little girl :) She has the most beautiful smile and a headful of brown curls!!

The highlight of the weekend is going to be the hot tub!! Kip finished the wiring last night and we gave it a test run this afternoon - it was amazing!! I recommend EVERYONE getting one - or at least coming over and hanging out in ours. I can foresee many bbq's in our future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment